Sunday 8 September 2013

Sheep whispering & snowboarding

A few months ago, journalism student Sarah Abrahams got in touch, asking if she could interview me for her final piece of work for her course. I'd met Sarah at a book signing in Exeter last summer, and was more than happy to oblige. I was delighted - for Sarah, and for me! - when she not only got a great grade, but successfully pitched the feature to the magazine Devon Life. Sarah's interview focuses on my Devon childhood, and the importance that that corner of the world continues to play in my writing. My thanks to Sarah, and to Devon Life, for such a lovely feature... may I be known from here on in as The Sheep Whisperer. And best of luck with the rest of your writing career, Sarah!


From the long-ago-past to the more recent past... I've also been chatting to the very cool Cooler Magazine (a snow & surf magazine for women). Back in 2005 I quit my job to go and live in the mountains, and in between the snowboarding, chalet graft, and resort revelry, I worked out what I really wanted to do... write a novel, and work as hard as I could to get it published. You can read the full interview HERE.